Thursday 2 August 2012

MAC Eyeshadow palette (MAC makeup kit)

Hi guys! 

I said I would review all my palettes that I have, so here is another! I have a neutrals palette that I will blog about next, but I need to re-purchase the refills as they are nearly gone! Want to swatch fresh/full shadows for you, so you get a true viewing.

Excuse the tape on the palette guys - I dropped it and the lid snapped off :(
I haven't gone and bought another yet, so I stuck the lid back on as best I could to protect the shadows.

One of my MAC eyeshadow palettes with pro palette eyeshadow refills.

I gave information about the palette and the eyeshadow refills in my last blog post, which was the Grey MAC Palette Review (can be found in my blog archive > ) but here it is again incase you missed it!

The eye palettes that I use are from MAC or www.maccosmetics.com.
They are £11.50 each and they hold 15 eyeshadows
The pro palette eyeshadow refill pans that you place into the container can also be found at MAC. 
They are £10 each for 1.5g and can be bought from www.maccosmetics.com or at a MAC counter. 

MAC do sell other palettes that can hold less eyeshadows. 
One costs £6.50 and holds eyeshadow refills. The other costs £6.50 and holds pro palette eyeshadow refills.


Close up of my mac eyeshadow palette

Here are the shades:
(going down each column in the palette)

  • Blanc type
  • Orb
  • Vapour
  • Yoghurt
  • Phloof!
  • Jest
  • Era
  • Kid
  • Soba
  • Texture
  • Folie
  • Brun
  • Blackberry
  • Sketch
  • Shadowy lady

Swatches of the eyeshadow palette

Like my other palettes; these eyeshadows are amazing. Brilliant quality, highly pigmented and range in all different shades and finishes. Well worth the money as they last for ages! 

I always like to have a range of different finishes and tones through the palette.
Making sure I have a highlight, a mid tone and a dark colour. Also, making sure I have a lustre, frost, matte and satin finish to create different looks - adding dimension.

The great factor about these eyeshadows are: 
  • that they do not fall out (from personal use)
  • can be enhanced by using a cream base (such as MAC's paint pot - £14.50 from www.maccosmetics.com) or by using a good long lasting primer 
  • and that I have never had a MAC eyeshadow that has broke or shattered on me. That includes individuals and pro pan refills. 

I always keep my palettes clean for hygiene reasons and to stop the colours from mixing together. I really trust this brand to deliver well!


I hope you found this review helpful or useful guys.
Let me know what you think!
Leave any questions or comments below:)
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment